What causes Ocean Pollution?
Discuss the causes of ocean pollution and how to mitigate as well as the new technologies in place.
A research paper talking about how desiccation of sea grass is the primary factor determining intertidal zonation in inter-tidal areas rocky and salt marsh alike.
With an intro explaining why this is such an issue and what other biotic/abiotic factors cause death and zonation to sea grass as well.
Main body explaining stress and impacts to sea-grass then the adaptations it has to these stress and then why it is the primary factor with back up from sources.
And finally a conclusion wrapping everything up and finishing the argument while explaining why the other abiotic/biotic stress aren’t as detrimental.
This assessment allows you to provide evidence of reflection and evaluation of an issue which affects the sustainable use of the Murray-Darling Basin.
This is particularly relevant to us as it is the medium used for our canoeing expedition.
You will choose one topic question from the list below.
You will undertake an investigation, through researching primary and/or secondary sources of information about issues affecting the sustainable use of the Murray Darling Basin:
Description of where your topic impacts in the Murray Darling and the Murray Darlings’ importance to Australia.
Describe the problems associated with the issue you chose and explain how they are occurring
Discuss the solutions that have been considered to address these problems.
Evaluate which solutions you consider would be the most effective to ensure the sustainable use of the Murray Darling.
Include an accurate and appropriate bibliography or reference (Primary and Secondary sources)
3 copies of A 4 Summary of your topic (laminated) and presented on the Canoe expedition
Create a page on the Blog called “Reflection and Evaluation”.
Include the following information:
WeatherDescribe the conditions encountered each day and at night in detail focusing on all of the weather conditions (precipitation, cloud cover and type, temperature, wind) – 3 day weather forecast
TerrainDescribe the water conditions you paddled on and analyse the least and most challenging experience. Discuss any other interesting features that you encountered in relation to the route.
NavigationDiscuss the decisions made and challenges faced in relation to navigation. What did you learn? What were the challenges?
Discuss the different types of camp sites, facilities, tracks, signage etc. witnessed while on camp. Explain the reasons for these in relation to park management.
Discuss the flora and fauna seen on camp using the correct terminology.
Demonstrate an awareness of the indigenous perspectives in regard to their occupation of the land and its use.
Concluding personal statement
1. Describe the topic and how it relates to the Course, Course Concepts and/or principles.
2. Analyze the Decision-Making Process (Human) or the Environmental (Ecological) application that is used for your topic
3. What is the reason for your interest or analysis?
4. What changes or recommendations should be made?
5. Would you try to influence your area of interest?
Why or why not? How?
Note: The 6-8 page paper must be typed (12-14 point font), with separate reference (scholarly using MLA, APA or Scientific) and title page.
1) Term Paper for Health; Water or Air Quality(Indoor), Asthma, Food Safety, Nutrition , GMO’s vs Organic, Obesity, Drugs and addictions
2) Term Paper for Human Ecology; Poverty, Housing, Wastes, Sanitation, Food Security and, Human Hazards (Radiation, and Pesticides); or School Dropouts, Juvenile delinquency and Crime
3) Natural Hazards (Fire, Flood, Freezing, Earthquakes), and Disease epidemiology (Ebola, malaria etc.)
4) Science information/data/research can be used for advocacy of a special interest group, showing differences of expert s, contrasting positions and taking-sides or showing the trade-offs.
How are Impacts or hazards measured or assessed? i.e. cost-benefit analysis, risk assessment, or health/ecological thresholds/indicators.
What are the time frames for decisions? Emergency, Law Enforcement procedures, planning process
Is there an environmental health strategy; Health Education/Promotion, Design with Nature, pollution prevention, or environmental enhancement.