Avon Calls on Foreign Markets
Avon Calls on Foreign Markets? at the end of Chapter 16 in your course textbook. Incorporate into your
analysis responses to the following questions. You should make sure to incorporate core concepts from your
1. Your reading assignment for this unit describes different marketing orientations. Discuss the
applicability of each to Avon?s global operations.
2. Why is Avon so much more dependent on its foreign operations than on its home ( U.S.) operations?
3. Discuss socioeconomic and demographic changes that could affect Avon.
4. How might a global recession, such as the one that began in 2008, impact Avon?s operations?
5. What are the major competitive advantages that Avon has? How easily might other companies duplicate these
MBA 6601, International Business 4
6. Avon does not sell within the United States in retail establishments (with the exceptions of kiosks
handled by some of its reps). What are the pros and cons of distributing that way?
7. If you were advising Avon on the selection of new suppliers, what would be your major concerns as you
evaluate firms that are potential suppliers? What criteria should the company use to make decisions on where
to manufacture their products?
8. Identify the challenges Avon faces in both maintaining and expanding its global manufacturing and supply
chain network given the dynamics of today?s competitive environment.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!